mardi 31 mai 2016

Samsung S4 downgrade Android ver 5.0.1 to 4.4.4

My wife and I both have Samsung SGH-i337 S4 unlocked (not rooted) AT&T phones running 5.0.1 with KNOX ver 2.3, baseband ver i337ucugok2. We would both like to abandon 5.0.1 and go back to 4.4.4. A cell phone repair shop I frequent advised me that these phones cannot be downgraded to 4.4.4 because of the KNOX security. I've examined many threads on this site and others and cannot find precise discussion about the presence of KNOX and if or how it may thwart our desires to downgrade. Nor can I find precise discussion as to whether rooting the phones first is necessary.

Can I, in fact, downgrade the OS on these particular phones?
If so, do I need to root the phones first?
Is rooting required in order to prevent an OTA upgrade back to 5?
Or does KNOX knock me out of the box entirely?

Responses or pointers to the appropriate threads would be most appreciated.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1Pi6E1b
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire