lundi 30 mai 2016

Republicwireless Moto X (Gen. 1) crashes erratically and ...

My 1st gen. Moto X has been upgraded via Republicwireless-supplied OTA upgrades to current Android 5.1. I have 160 apps in a 16 GB phone. I use both Google Play and Amazon Andoid apps.

Problem: Randomly the phone crashes and goes into varying degrees of reboot. Sometimes, the same one-by-one "optimizing" of all my apps occurs as when installing the OS 5.1 upgrade, making the reboot take ~30 min. (or so it seems). Other times, the reboot is less severe and only takes a couple of minutes. Other times, the phone freezes and takes a long-press of the power button to either turn off/and/or/turn back to a normal restart.

Since the OS 5.1 upgrade was done, it's been suggested I do a factory reset.

(Regarding the suggestion to do a factory reset) I cringe to admit I can't even sort out which apps have which files I want to back up. I don't know if they'll re-associate with the same apps if I somehow save them and "reinstall them"? From where-to-where? I don't know which apps have treasured data stored in them or where they each store the data? There's no feature built-in for "imaging" the internal files. How do I know I won't corrupt the file system/structure saving them elsewhere? ...and on ad infinitum.

[BTW: I recently used My Backup Pro by Rerware to back up a problem Asus tablet (lemon: still not fixed after two trips to the SquareTrade repair labs) but was told by the repair facility NOT to use My Backup Pro app. Rather: I am supposed to re-install apps one-at-a-time until hell breaks loose again. What is that supposed to tell me? How will I know if app #35 (installation order) is causing app #89 to crash...etc.? Makes no sense to me. ]


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1TQpeMY
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire