mercredi 31 août 2016

Boot-looping Nexus 6P - caused by Photo Sphere?

First post here at XDA - before I start with my problem, I should say thanks to everyone who posts here. I've come across this site so often when looking for information and always found it to be very helpful.

I was taking a Photo Sphere photo a few weeks ago, and after the photo had been taken, and during the processing/rendering stage, I looked away from my phone while holding it to let it work. I looked down to see the finished result about 30 seconds later and saw the Google startup screen. It appears that somehow, taking a Photo Sphere photo may have soft bricked my 6P, but I have no idea how. The phone itself was working perfectly normally prior to that.

I kept manually restarting it, powering it off, booting to recovery and restarting to see if I could get it back to normal with no success. It would occasionally, maybe one in twenty times, get to the Android boot animation, but would freeze after around 5 seconds on that, then restart again. Eventually, I thought to clear the cache partition via TWRP, so I did so and it then booted and loaded Android as normal. However, one of the first things I did was go to Settings to reset the time as it was wrong, and, as soon as it displayed the Settings screen, the phone restarted again, and no amount of cache clearing has resolved the issue since.

It's a 64GB 6P running Marshmallow 6.0.1, unlocked and rooted via Heisenberg's excellent guide and running TWRP 3.0.2.0, which was the latest available when I rooted. Right now, upon starting, it shows the "Your device software can't be checked for corruption. Please lock the bootloader." message as normal, then the Google logo, then it restarts and does the same again. I can access recovery mode as normal.

Does anyone have any ideas what steps I need to take to get my 6P operable again? Given that it booted after I wiped the cache then rebooted when I went to settings, my relatively uneducated presumption is that the root has somehow gotten messed up, but I don't know enough about troubleshooting Android to resolve it myself. I'd obviously prefer to avoid wiping it and losing data if possible. Although I'm a computer geek, I'm not 100% sure about Android ADB/fastboot commands and what to run to resolve this issue, so I thought I should defer to the experts here. I was considering flashing the factory image (part 11 of Heisenberg's guide) to see if that helped, but wasn't sure if that's the best first step to try at this point so thought it best to seek some advice rather than turn a soft brick into a hard one.

Thanks for any and all assistance!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bTJfEv
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire