samedi 30 avril 2016

Precise procedure for switching roms/kernels?

I'm looking for a definite procedure for switching roms and a kernel. Im currently running pure nexus w elementalx kernel. Everything's working great but part of my reason for buying 6p was all the rom and kernel options. So I wanted to try Chroma w elemental x....Here's what I did:
1. TWRP factory reset THEN I went back and wiped /system
2. Flash Chroma, gapps, supersu 2.65
3. wipe dalvik & cache (not sure if it's necessary but I did)
4. reboot

This seemed fine. Chroma booted up, no app crashes. Now I wanted to flash elementalx. Heres where I was working off mixed knowledge but decided to do it this way.
1. wipe dalvik cache
2. flash chroma, gapps, elementalx
3. wipe dalvik cache (yes. Once more to be sure)

***Im not sure the above is the textbook method BUT it worked. I booted into chroma, elementalx was present and working like it did with pure nexus. For about an hour or so I used the phone, making no changes at all in elementalx. It was getting late. I plugged in my phone and fell asleep. When I woke up 7 hours later it had rebooted and was stuck in bootloop. I tried forcing a reboot. It looked like it was going to work (reaching the "optimizing apps" part) but then just continued to loop. Flashed my pure nexus backup and Im up & running again.
I know the exact cause is nearly impossible to diagnose without a log and I don't have one. Im just looking for some guidance from users with more experience. If you were running pure nexus and elementalx, and you want to try a new rom like Chroma plus elementalx, how exactly would you proceed? Thanks


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1TbR8PV
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire